Open Innovation Platform (OIP) is an initiative from Telekom R&D Sdn. Bhd. to realize the potentials of Internet-of-Things (IoT) in digital era. End-to end IoT solution, including transport messaging protocols, data storing and retrieving, security and rapid application development, is make simple through OIP. Beside, right sets of communication, information and intelligence services either from telcos' or third parties' network assets can also be securely exposed using network Application Program Interfaces (APIs) of OIP. Application developers can now simply focus their energy on their innovation ideas and service launching. OIP as TM's digital platform is here to help you to achieve your business goals.
What do we offer on OIP platform?
Rapid go-to-market platform for developers to deliver smart IoT services
The platform’s for developers to access the data and the services
The platform’s for developers to publish the data and the created services
Developer focus on application development and OIP will take care of IT infrastructure, security and scalability for your IOT Project
Components of OIP
- Open Innovation Platform (OIP) is the central point that glues the system together. It provides the business intelligent of the system.
- Application and Services is the vertical service and application that interacts with the customers/users. The services can be developed internally or readily available solution. 3rd party solution can be hooked through standard RESTful API. For example, in the future interstellar want to connect and communicate with OIP, it can be exchanged data or services via RESTful API. The data and service exchange need to be defined via the interface agreement (IFA) document.
- Command Centre is the command and control portal that provide the dashboard to monitor the health of the system.
- Customized Services is additional services that can be published into the OIP to support the application.
- Device and Sensors are the data collectors of the smart system. It can communication directly to OIP via standard protocols. Currently, OIP support RESTful, MQTT, and web socket. Device and sensors also can be connected through gateway that will do some data processing before send the data to OIP for further action. The communication is also using standard protocols as mentioned above.
Eco-System: How Does it Work?
Steps for Innovation using Open Innovation Platform (OIP)
1 Connect Your IOT Device
2 Collecting Data
- Simple data structure
- Secure: JWT Token and HTTPS Connection
- Your data is stored in the scalable database
3 Manage Device and Data
- Consume data & control devices via the API
4 Build Your Application
5 Publish Your Services
- Publish your modules to monetize it